The Programme is open to innovative projects or entrepreneurs from around Europe. The Circular by Design Challenge connects creative minds with technology, manufacturing and traditional industry to kick-start the development and market launch of new, circular products, services and digital solutions.
Sponsoring Agency: Luxembourg Creative Industries Cluster
Type of Fund: Challenges, Competitions or Prizes
Deadline: 3 Dec 2022
Fund Size: Less than USD $50,000
Eligibility/ Who can Apply
Applicants from following countries only can apply.
Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia And Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Holy See, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom
The Circular by Design Challenge connects creative minds with technology, manufacturing and traditional industry to kick-start the development and market launch of new, circular products, services and digital solutions.
Building on the government’s goal of positioning Luxembourg as a frontrunner in the circular economy, the Challenge invites creatives to develop their circular ideas through a 12-week coaching programme.
At the end of the programme, the winners of the Challenge will be rewarded with partnership deals with industry partners in order to jointly implement and produce their ideas. Each winner will also receive an award of €7,000, participation in a 4-week virtual international accelerator programme provided by the US accelerator gener8tor and 6 months of free access to co-working office space.
This edition of the Challenge will support early stage ideas, business models and design developments in 5 categories:
• Sustainable Cities
• Industry 4.0
• Fashion Design
• LuXembourg – Let’s Make It Happen
Creatives are invited to submit their ideas for solutions and complete for a place on the coaching programme. Submitted solutions can be B2B or B2C, depending on the individual challenge brief.
The Programme is open to innovative projects or entrepreneurs from around Europe that meet all the following criteria:
• The applicants have to have a legal entity in Europe. If this is not the case, it is still possible to apply, but the participant has to have incorporated a company by the end of the coaching session in order to be eligible to win.
• If the Applicant already incorporated a company, this must meet the small or medium enterprise criteria as stipulated in annex I in the Commission regulation (EU) N° 651/2014 of 17 June 2014 declaring certain categories of aid compatible with the internal market in application of Articles 107 and108 of the Treaty.
• The Applicant team can be composed of one to maximum four people, with at least one person attending all sessions during the Coaching Phase of the Programme.
• Participants must be at least 18 years of age or older as of the starting date of the Programme.
• The Applicant may be any early-stage and/or more advanced project.
• It is not necessary to have a minimum viable product (‘MVP’) at the application stage.
• The proposed project has to match at least one of the criteria for Circular Economy as defined on the Project website.
• The Organiser will perform all necessary due diligence reviews in order to ensure compliance with the above eligibility criteria.
More information at: https://creativecluster.lu/circular-design-challenge