The U.S. Forest Service requests proposals for projects to install a thermally led community wood energy system or build an innovative wood product facility.
Eligible organizations can apply, only if their projects are shovel-ready and do not require additional funding or time to complete after the funding period.
Sponsoring Agency: U.S. Forest Service
Type of Fund: Award
Deadline: January 19, 2022
The Forest Service conjures proposals for projects that will achieve the following:
- Expand thermally led community wood energy or innovative wood product opportunities
- Improve forest health; and
- Stimulate local economies.
Examples of eligible projects include, but are not limited to:
- Install a thermally led community wood energy system for heating, cooling, and/or electricity that replaces fossil fuels such as coal, oil, propane, or natural gas.
- Purchase and install manufacturing equipment at a mass timber production facility.
- Expand a sawmill to add higher value production lines that incorporate innovative technologies and cost-cutting measures.
- Purchase and install equipment at a new facility to produce biofuels from forest residues.
Eligible applicants are non-profits; local, state, and tribal governments; businesses, companies, corporations (for profit); institutions of higher education; and special purpose districts (public utility districts, fire districts, conservation districts, school districts, and ports.)
For more information, visit here.