The African Graduate fellowship is a competitive fellowship program for bright, highly motivated African students.
Students who are interested in pursuing a master’s degree can apply at The American University in Cairo (AUC) and earn their spot as a fellow.
Sponsoring Agency: The American University in Cairo
Type of Fund: Fellowship
Deadline: January 15, 2022
Each year, fellowships are offered to nationals of African countries (not including Egyptians) for full-time study (nine credits or as required by the program) in any of the graduate programs offered at the AUC.
Responsibilities of Fellows:
- Fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of related academic work
- Students must maintain a full-time status
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2
- A teaching assistantship mandatory training must be completed if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties. The training needs to be completed only once
The Fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Student services and activities fees
- Medical service and health insurance fees
- A monthly housing allowance for non-residents of Cairo or accommodation in University residences at the AUC New Cairo campus
- May cover remedial English language requirements
- Non-Egyptian African nationals
- African nationals with dual non-African nationality are not eligible
- Open to all disciplines of graduate studies
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; admission to one of the graduate programs in AUC, satisfying AUC graduate admissions requirements
- Submit an International TOEFL iBT exam score or academic IELTS exam score as per the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Financial need
For more information, visit The American University in Cairo.