Apply for the Innovate UK Research and Innovation competition with the aim to improve the sustainability of manufacturing processes. Your proposal must deliver sustainable solutions through applying digital technology development to manufacturing processes.
If you think, you stand a chance and can fit in the Eligibility Criteria, this grant is for you!
Sponsoring Agency: Innovate UK
Type of Fund: Competition
Deadline: January 26, 2022
Innovate the UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £20 million in innovation projects. These will be for innovation in digital technologies to reduce environmental impact within manufacturing processes.
The aim of this competition is to develop digital innovations to improve the sustainability of manufacturing processes. This must result in either reduced material or reduced energy consumption.
Your proposal must deliver sustainable solutions through applying digital technology development to manufacturing processes within a production facility.
Your project must demonstrate the digital innovations that will deliver sustainability improvements.
This competition is split into 2 strands:
- Strand 1 – Digital innovation with manufacturing data
- Strand 2 – Digital innovation in manufacturing processes
Your project must apply to either Strand 1 or Strand 2.
Only the projects will be selected, which:
- have total eligible costs between £1 million and £8 million
- not exceed the maximum grant limit of 50% of your total eligible costs for strand 1
- not exceed the maximum grant limit of 40% of your total eligible costs for strand 2
- start by 1 September 2022
- last between 12 and 24 months
- involve a single factory or multiple factories
- include both manufacturing and digital technology capabilities in your consortium
- be applicable to at least 1 manufacturing sector
- carry out all of its project work in the UK
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
It encourages projects that cover multiple manufacturing sectors.
Lead organization –
To lead a project your organization must:
- be the UK registered business of any size
- collaborate with other UK registered organizations
- involve at least one SME
Academic institutions and research and technology organizations (RTO’s) cannot lead.
Project team –
To collaborate with the lead, your organization must be one of the following UK registered:
- business of any size
- academic institution
- public sector organization
- research and technology organization (RTO)
Each partner organization must be invited into the Innovation Funding Service by the lead to collaborate on a project.
Once accepted, partners will be asked to log in or to create an account and enter their own project costs into the Innovation Funding Service.
The lead and at least one other organization must claim funding by entering their costs during the application.
Your project can include partners that do not receive any of this competition’s funding. Their costs will count towards the total eligible project costs.
Subcontractors are allowed in this competition. Subcontractors can be from anywhere in the UK and you must select them through your usual procurement process. You can use subcontractors from overseas but must make the case in your application as to why you could not use suppliers from the UK. You must also provide a detailed rationale, evidence of the potential UK contractors you approached, and the reasons why they were unable to work with you.
It has allocated up to £20 million to fund innovation projects in this competition.For strand 1, the total grant funding for your project must not exceed 50% of your total eligible project costs.
For strand 2, the total grant funding for your project must not exceed 40% of your total eligible project costs.
For more information, visit here.