If you are an art professional artist with a non-commercial project looking for a funding opportunity to push forward your creative journey, this grant is for you! Hurry and apply for this funding opportunity before the deadline this September!
Sponsoring Agency: Goethe-Institut
Type of Fund: Competition
Deadline: September 12, 2022
What you should know:
The call is now open for applications for Goethe-Institut Project Space (GPS) project grant.
GPS grants financial support/seed funding of up to R 70.000 per project to artistic projects that are realized in South Africa between February and November 2023. The Goethe-Institut set up this grant in 2016 to support art professionals from across South Africa who collaborate with cultural or public spaces and engage with the people in the areas where these spaces are located.
For 2023, the focus is on projects that are specifically engaging with communities outside South Africa’s big urban centers.
Who can apply:
- Only projects of a non-commercial nature will be considered.
- The Goethe-Institut offers financial support for chosen projects to the maximum amount of R70 000 per project. Should the project budget exceed this amount, the artist/project team should seek further support from other funding institutions, donors, or sponsors – information that should be included in the budget plan for this application form.
- The proposed space has an established track record, operating for at least 1 year and professionalism evident. The profile of the space must be such that the realization of the proposed project is viable.
- The signed collaboration agreement outlining the form of commitment from the space is essential.
- A clear idea of how the project engages with communities, preferably outside South Africa’s big urban centers, must be part of the project proposal
- Only one project proposal per artist will be considered by the jury.
If you are interested, you should definitely apply for this funding opportunity.
For more information, visit here.