Jackson Wild, the Secretariat of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) unites to inspire personal responsibility for endangered creatures through a film showcase across the world.
Sponsoring Agency: Jackson Wild, the Secretariat of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES)
Type of Fund: Competition
Deadline: January 7, 2022
In 2015, the organization hosted the International Elephant Film Festival, which has reached over 8,000 people in 70+ countries. Building off of this success, they hosted the International Big Cats Film Festival in 2018 and the World Wildlife Day Film Showcase: Living Oceans in 2019, Biodiversity in 2020 and Forests in 2021.
The 2022 film showcase will be one of the global events that will accompany the 2022 UN World Wildlife Day (3 March) celebrations and help illustrate its theme, “Recovering key species for ecosystem restoration”.
- Submissions in all languages are welcomed.
- Programs in a language other than English must be subtitled in English for presentation to the judges and for streaming as part of the World Wildlife Day Film Showcase.
- Also, please enter the categories most relevant to your film.
- Individual films may enter a maximum of 2 different categories.
- All films 5 minutes in runtime and less will be automatically entered into the Micro Movie category.
For more information, visit Jackson Wild.